A Note to Our Valued Partners Regarding COVID-19
As we continue to deal with the challenges and uncertainty of Covid-19 Virus, our priority is to ensure the safety of our employees while minimizing any potential impact to our valued customers and partners. Therefore, we are taking all the necessary precautions to ensure that our Akron Family is safe and that our facilities are clear of any risks associated with the Virus. In our decision process, we are adhering to the recommendations of the CDC, the WHO, and other global health experts.
Therefore, Akron has implemented the following changes until Friday, April 3 with the understanding that we will further assess the situation at that time.
Akron Facilities and Employees
- Effective March 16, 2020 through April 3, 2020, Akron has transitioned non-essential employees to a remote work-from-home (WFH) model. Our essential employees, which consist of those performing business-critical manufacturing/laboratory functions, and others who support those activities, continue to perform those critical functions while being closely monitored to ensure their safety at all times.
- Akron’s facilities remain open, and we are fully operational. However, the WFH model reduces our staff onsite which reduces the risk of exposure to others.
- All in-person meetings or visits with customers, partners or vendors have been cancelled or postponed. We have encouraged our employees to use teleconferences or other electronic means to stay in contact with our valued customers, partners and vendors during this time.
- Akron has adopted additional security measures in all our manufacturing processes and is prioritizing the use of virus inactivated raw materials in our human blood-derived products, including sera, plasma and fibronectin.
- Akron has postponed or cancelled all domestic or international travel until further notice. In addition, we strongly encouraged all employees to reconsider any personal travel to locations that have been identified as high-risk. All employees must pre-report any and all personal international travel plans to their immediate Supervisor.
- Akron employees will not be attending any conferences or industry meetings until further notice.
Preventive & Hygiene Advice to all Employees
- We have posted Wash your Hands Signs throughout our facility as a reminder that hand washing in critical. Use hand sanitizer, readily available throughout our facilities, when soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your face and sharing personal items.
- Avoid touching surfaces which are touched by many other people. Be proactive in wiping surfaces as needed. Wipes have been stationed throughout our facilities.
- Avoid customary greetings such as shaking hands or embracing.
- With the flu/cold/allergies season here practice respiratory hygiene: coughing/sneezing into a tissue/napkin or inside of elbow.
- Stay at home if you feel sick. Seek medical attention in case of fever, cough or breathing difficulties and follow directions of your local health authority. If you have reason to believe that you or a family member has been exposed to the Virus, stay home and contact your physician, as well as your Manager.
We will continue to closely monitor the situation with Covid-19 Virus. Furthermore, we will promptly make any additional changes necessary to ensure that we keep our employees safe and the facilities in optimal operating conditions while prioritizing the needs of our valued customers and partners.
The Akron Family thanks you for trusting us to meet your ancillary material needs. As always, please do not hesitate to contact us if you need further information.